Wednesday 23 December 2009

Mulled wine and chestnuts





Mulled wine and chestnuts are perfect for these cold wintery nights. Not to everyone's taste but I love them!

My friend Caroline came round for dinner a couple of weeks ago and I made us these.  I bought a bottle of mulled wine from the shop and added a cinnamon stick, nutmeg and some satsuma pieces to the pan as I warmed it through.
I used a paring knife to cut cross shapes on the chestnuts (as you would with sprouts on the big day), this helps them cook and made it easy to peel when they cooled a little.  I just placed them on a baking tray at about 180 degrees until the shells curled and browned.  I've never added anything to them flavour wise but suggestions are very welcome!

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...