180g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
90g butter or margarine
150g granulated sugar
40g dark brown sugar
½ tsp salt
260g chunky peanut butter
1tsp vanilla extract
Makes around 16 cookies
- Start with preheating your oven to about 185C (if fan assisted reduce to 175C).
- Then line x2 baking sheets with grease proof paper
- Mix the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt together in large mixing bowl until smooth. I used a wooden spoon for this bit.
- Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder with a wooden spoon and then get your hands in to combine it all into a big ball
- Pinch off lumps of dough and roll in your hands into balls about 2½cm diameter.
- Place balls well spaced apart on the tray and use a fork to flatten them to about 1cm thick (the fork creates a nice pattern on the top, you could experiment and have fun with this)
- Bake until light brown, I took mine out after about 20 mins and they were still a little soft to touch but once they cooled they hardened up. You could of course do less cooking time say 12-15mins so they are chewy in the centre.
- Place on a wire rack to cool then store in airtight container for up to two weeks.