well what better way to spend a sunday then to bake banana bread.
What you need...
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs milk
- 160g organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 walnut halves chopped
- 240g plain wholemeal flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
What to do...
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a 15 x 23cm loaf tin.
- Whisk butter, oil and sugar until well combined. Add egg and mashed bananas and beat until fully mixed.
- Combine the wholemeal plain flour and the baking powder and gently fold into the banana mixture. Add the milk and fold to combine.
- Spoon mixture into greased cake tin, sprinkle the nuts over the top of and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until cooked and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand cake in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it onto a wire rack to cool.