Sunday 15 April 2012

Made In England-Vintage Swimsuit And Singer Sewing Machine


There's nothing more wonderful than seeing a 'Made In England' tag on something you are looking to purchase or have in your collection of lovely things. The fact that it has been locally made by an age old skill is something that makes you feel proud of where you're from.

I was given an old Singer sewing machine from the 70's by the boys bandmate (Rise Up The Sun) gave me, it works which was a wonderful surprise.  The build of this thing is amazing, the attention to detail all the things that companies have stripped off everyday products these days.




So something I've been working on recently is stocking my Etsy shop up again, something I want to really get into again. So I went for a bit of a thift on Saturday morning and came across this delightful St Michaels 60's swimsuit which not only is in beautiful condition with lovely bright jacquard flowers but has the 'made in England' label in.  The fit is really nice with a scooped back and built in bra cups, low on the leg that gives that true 60's silhouette.  This is available now and here's the link.







All this old Made in England business really got me in the mood to bake a humble Earl Grey tea loaf for some friends that came round. Yum Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...